BAC Legal Limit
- 0.08% or more.
- 0.04% or more in a commercial vehicle.
- 0.02% or more, if you are younger than 21 years old.
Driver’s License Suspension?
1st offense: 90 days
2nd offense: 12 months
3rd offense: 3 years.
4th and subsequent offense: 5 years.
- For a 1st offense of a DUI, you may receive:
- Up to 1 year in jail.
- A fine of $500 to $2,000, plus a charge of $100 for the Impaired Drivers Trust Fund..
- For a 2nd offense, you may face:
- 48 hours to 1 year in jail (required to serve the minimum) OR minimum of 20 days community service.
- A fine of $1,000 to $5,000, plus a $100 fee for the Impaired Drivers Trust Fund.
- For a 3rd offense of a DUI within 5 years, you may face:
- 60 days to 1 year in jail (required to serve the minimum)
- A fine of $2,000 to $10,000, plus $100 for the Impaired Drivers Trust Fund.
- For a 4th offense or subsequent offenses within 5 years, you may face:
- Prison time of 1 to 10 years.
- A fine of $4,000 to $10,000.
You may be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle if you:
- Received a 1st offense of a DUI with a BAC of 0.15% or more.
- Caused an accident as the result of your DUI.
- Refuse a chemical test.
- Committed a DUI with a passenger younger than 14 years old in the car.
- Have committed multiple DUIs.